Who doesn’t love granola? And who doesn’t love starting the morning with a great, tasty breakfast?
Here’s some of our favourite ways to enjoy our Niagara Food Co granola and make sure you come in to see our available flavours.
Make Peanut Butter Balls
- Mix 2 tablespoons of honey, 4 tablespoons of peanut butter, 2 cups of Niagara Food Co granola, and 3 tablespoons of milk into a large bowl.
- Stir, form into balls, then place in the refrigerator overnight.
Granola Apple Slices
- Slice an apple
- Cover half of each slice in honey
- sprinkle Niagara Food Co granola on top of honey
Upgrade Your Oatmeal
- There’s nothing like the added crunch of Niagara Food Co granola on top of your hearty, start-to-the-day oatmeal
Classic Breakfast Staple
- Yogurt and granola; is there a better duo? We don’t think so.
Nothing beats a Saturday morning spent huddled with a tasty cup o’ joe. Except if that Saturday is spent with US sipping amazing Niagara coffee and enjoying tasty treats.
Join us on Saturday November 24th for our first Coffee Cupping Class featuring Bean & Barrel Coffee Roasters!
Coffee Cupping, or coffee tasting, is the practice of observing the tastes and aromas of brewed coffee; and we’re taking it one step further by pairing it with tarts and shortbread.
Here is all you need to know to sign up for the November 24th deliciousness!
Date: Saturday November 24th
Time: 10am – 12pm
Price: $40 (+ tax) per person
Call 289-669-0152 or email email@example.com to register.
Give the gift that keeps on giving – pie!
Our Pie of the Month Club gives you the opportunity to gift someone (or yourself)
twelve gourmet, specialty pies made with the best ingredients Niagara has to offer
that aren’t available for purchase in store.
At the beginning of each month, on the pre-determined dates listed below, your POTM will be ready and waiting for you as well as our recommendations on what best to pair with it (other than more pie)!
Not only are you giving someone the tastiest gift, but you’re also getting a sweet
surprise for yourself .. because when you purchase a POTM Club membership ($165 +tax) for
someone, you receive the first month’s pie for FREE for yourself!
Here’s what your giftee (or yourself) will have ready and waiting for them each month!
*Monthly pick-ups will be at the bakery on the set Fridays between 9am and 7pm. Reminders will be emailed the Monday before pick up. If you are unable to make one of the pick-up dates, please call 289-669-0152 to make arrangements!
January [PU Jan 25th] – IncredibleCoconut Cream
February [PU Feb 22nd] – Mississippi Mud
March [PU Mar 22nd] – Blueberry Thyme
April [PU Apr 26th] – Lighthearted Lemon Meringue
May [PU May 24th] – Kentucky Derby
June [PU June 21st] – Fresh Strawberry Glaze
July [PU July 26th] – Sweet and Sour Chocolate Cherry Pie
August [PU Aug 23rd] – Wild Whiskey Peach Crumble
September [PU Sept 20th] – Sweet Apple Chai
October [PU Oct 25th] – Autumn Pumpkin Apple
November [PU Nov 15th] – Beautiful Banana Cream
December [PU Dec 13th] – Lemon Cranberry Chess
Ready, set – sign up for Pie of the Month Club!
Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Jalapeno Glaze Recipe
Helloooo summer and hellooo summer backyard BBQs.
Check out our recipe for the perfect pork tenderloin that’ll have everyone asking when your next get-together is!
BBQ Rub & Pork
1 tbsp paprika
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
½ tsp ground coriander
½ tsp granulated garlic
2 pork tenderloins, trimmed of fat
Apricot Jalapeno Glaze
2/3 cup Niagara Food Co Apricot Jalapeno Jam
½ cup rice vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp reserved BBQ rub
BBQ Rub & Pork
1. Stir all BBQ Rub & Pork ingredients together. Set aside 1 tsp to use later in glaze.
2. Preheat grill on Medium.
3. Rub the two pork tenderloins with the BBQ rub until they reach an internal temperature of 165F
turning the pork occasionally every 25 minutes. While the pork is grilling, prepare the glaze.
Apricot Jalapeno Glaze
1. Heat the jam, rice vinegar, garlic, and reserved rub over medium heat. Whisk until evenly
2. During the last 10 minutes of grilling, baste the pork generously with the glaze. Any remaining
glaze can be returned to a simmer and then used as a sauce.
3. Let the pork sit for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Niagara Etsy Spring Market
Join us and some Niagara Etsy artisants at Small Talk Vineyards on Saturday July 28th from 11am – 5pm for a day of treats, wine, sunshine, and shopping!
The Commons Market
About the Commons Market
The Commons Market is a one-day outdoor antiques, vintage & upcycled artisans show in the heart of Niagara. It’s a place where you’ll discover all kinds of new—and old—things to love.
Sip local craft beer & wine, and enjoy eats from some of Niagara’s best gourmet food trucks and pop-ups – like us!
Come spend the day shopping and enjoying summer in Niagara-On-The-Lake on July 15th from 10am – 5pm. Admission: $6
Cherry Lane is hosting their first ever Blossom Fest on May 5th! Head to Cherry Lane between 10am – 4pm and celebrate the best time in Niagara!
Check out the list of other vendors below and we can’t wait to see you there!
Bench Brewing Co
•West Avenue Cider
•13th Street Winery & Bakery
•Vieni Estate Winery
•Feeder Flower Farm
•Hey Baby Handmade
•Mind Your Bees
•Bella Buddha Beads
•Mothers Touch Candles
•Avella’s Wood Fire Oven
•Southridge Jam Company
•Liley Bee Honey
•Dawson’s Hot Sauce
•Trains Coffee Company
•This and That Design Company
•Up Cycle Canada
•The Silver Galaxy
•Mama’s Chilean Empanadas
Apricot Thumbprints Recipe
Nowadays, you can unlock your phone or access your devices using your fingerprint. We still think the best use of a thumbprint is for cookie purposes.
Find our favourite thumbprint recipe below!
3/4 cup butter or margarine
3/4 granulated sugar
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 large egg
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 1/4 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 finely chopped, dried apricots
Niagara Food Co Raspberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine butter/marginate, sugar, and cream cheese.
- Blend in egg and lemon juice.
- Add flour, baking powder, and apricots.
- Chill for 3 hours.
- Roll dough into 1″ balls and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Gently make an indentation using the back of a spoon or your thumb in the middle of each cookie.
- Fill indentation with approx. 1 tsp of Niagara Food Co Raspberry Jam.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Etsy: Made in Canada: Niagara – Spring Market
Niagara Etsy Artisans will gather at The Hare Wine Co to celebrate Canadian handmade at the first ever Spring edition of Etsy: Made In Canada! A country wide pop-up market crawl supported by Etsy where ocal Etsy makers and shop owners will offer you the very best in handmade goods – and we’ll offer you the very best in handmade treats!
Come see us and the amazing vendors Saturday April 28th from 10am – 4pm!
The Hare Wine Co.
769 Niagara Stone Road, Niagara-on-the-Lake
Newfoundland Jam Jams Recipe
Newfoundland Jam Jams are soft cookies that are sandwiched together with jam. There are many different versions of Jam Jams but we think everyone will agree that THEIR Grandma made the best ones.
Well .. now you can give Grandma a run for her money with this tasty version of the Newfoundland classic!
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
2 cups bleached white flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
Niagara Food Co. Sour Cherry Jam
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together butter and sugar.
3. Add eggs and continue to beat until smooth and creamy.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
5. Once combined, slowly add to cream mixture while continuously mixing. Add vanilla.
6. Roll dough into small balls and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Once cookie balls are in place, gently flatten them with the bottom of a cup dipped in powdered sugar.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. When the cookies are still warm, gently spread(as the cookies will be soft) Niagara Food Co. Sour Cherry Jam onto the bottoms of half of the cookies and sandwich with the other half.
9. *Optional* Decorate as you please!