Apricot Thumbprints Recipe
Nowadays, you can unlock your phone or access your devices using your fingerprint. We still think the best use of a thumbprint is for cookie purposes.
Find our favourite thumbprint recipe below!
3/4 cup butter or margarine
3/4 granulated sugar
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 large egg
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 1/4 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 finely chopped, dried apricots
Niagara Food Co Raspberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine butter/marginate, sugar, and cream cheese.
- Blend in egg and lemon juice.
- Add flour, baking powder, and apricots.
- Chill for 3 hours.
- Roll dough into 1″ balls and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Gently make an indentation using the back of a spoon or your thumb in the middle of each cookie.
- Fill indentation with approx. 1 tsp of Niagara Food Co Raspberry Jam.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar.