Newfoundland Jam Jams Recipe
Newfoundland Jam Jams are soft cookies that are sandwiched together with jam. There are many different versions of Jam Jams but we think everyone will agree that THEIR Grandma made the best ones.
Well .. now you can give Grandma a run for her money with this tasty version of the Newfoundland classic!
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
2 cups bleached white flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
Niagara Food Co. Sour Cherry Jam
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together butter and sugar.
3. Add eggs and continue to beat until smooth and creamy.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
5. Once combined, slowly add to cream mixture while continuously mixing. Add vanilla.
6. Roll dough into small balls and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Once cookie balls are in place, gently flatten them with the bottom of a cup dipped in powdered sugar.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. When the cookies are still warm, gently spread(as the cookies will be soft) Niagara Food Co. Sour Cherry Jam onto the bottoms of half of the cookies and sandwich with the other half.
9. *Optional* Decorate as you please!