Who doesn’t love granola? And who doesn’t love starting the morning with a great, tasty breakfast?
Here’s some of our favourite ways to enjoy our Niagara Food Co granola and make sure you come in to see our available flavours.
Make Peanut Butter Balls
- Mix 2 tablespoons of honey, 4 tablespoons of peanut butter, 2 cups of Niagara Food Co granola, and 3 tablespoons of milk into a large bowl.
- Stir, form into balls, then place in the refrigerator overnight.
Granola Apple Slices
- Slice an apple
- Cover half of each slice in honey
- sprinkle Niagara Food Co granola on top of honey
Upgrade Your Oatmeal
- There’s nothing like the added crunch of Niagara Food Co granola on top of your hearty, start-to-the-day oatmeal
Classic Breakfast Staple
- Yogurt and granola; is there a better duo? We don’t think so.
Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Jalapeno Glaze Recipe
Helloooo summer and hellooo summer backyard BBQs.
Check out our recipe for the perfect pork tenderloin that’ll have everyone asking when your next get-together is!
BBQ Rub & Pork
1 tbsp paprika
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
½ tsp ground coriander
½ tsp granulated garlic
2 pork tenderloins, trimmed of fat
Apricot Jalapeno Glaze
2/3 cup Niagara Food Co Apricot Jalapeno Jam
½ cup rice vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp reserved BBQ rub
BBQ Rub & Pork
1. Stir all BBQ Rub & Pork ingredients together. Set aside 1 tsp to use later in glaze.
2. Preheat grill on Medium.
3. Rub the two pork tenderloins with the BBQ rub until they reach an internal temperature of 165F
turning the pork occasionally every 25 minutes. While the pork is grilling, prepare the glaze.
Apricot Jalapeno Glaze
1. Heat the jam, rice vinegar, garlic, and reserved rub over medium heat. Whisk until evenly
2. During the last 10 minutes of grilling, baste the pork generously with the glaze. Any remaining
glaze can be returned to a simmer and then used as a sauce.
3. Let the pork sit for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Apricot Thumbprints Recipe
Nowadays, you can unlock your phone or access your devices using your fingerprint. We still think the best use of a thumbprint is for cookie purposes.
Find our favourite thumbprint recipe below!
3/4 cup butter or margarine
3/4 granulated sugar
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 large egg
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 1/4 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 finely chopped, dried apricots
Niagara Food Co Raspberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine butter/marginate, sugar, and cream cheese.
- Blend in egg and lemon juice.
- Add flour, baking powder, and apricots.
- Chill for 3 hours.
- Roll dough into 1″ balls and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Gently make an indentation using the back of a spoon or your thumb in the middle of each cookie.
- Fill indentation with approx. 1 tsp of Niagara Food Co Raspberry Jam.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Newfoundland Jam Jams Recipe
Newfoundland Jam Jams are soft cookies that are sandwiched together with jam. There are many different versions of Jam Jams but we think everyone will agree that THEIR Grandma made the best ones.
Well .. now you can give Grandma a run for her money with this tasty version of the Newfoundland classic!
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
2 cups bleached white flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
Niagara Food Co. Sour Cherry Jam
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together butter and sugar.
3. Add eggs and continue to beat until smooth and creamy.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
5. Once combined, slowly add to cream mixture while continuously mixing. Add vanilla.
6. Roll dough into small balls and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Once cookie balls are in place, gently flatten them with the bottom of a cup dipped in powdered sugar.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. When the cookies are still warm, gently spread(as the cookies will be soft) Niagara Food Co. Sour Cherry Jam onto the bottoms of half of the cookies and sandwich with the other half.
9. *Optional* Decorate as you please!